Tuesday, January 18, 2005

GOING OPRAH: Part Five

Assembling the team continues, and it's taking longer than I thought.

The first meeting with the trainer takes place on Friday afternoon, where we'll probably formulate a workout plan and do the initial weights and measures. He'll also consult some on the food, as my chef has either been laid up with a back injury or has fled the chance to work for us.

Yesterday involved a deep-tissue massage, but I don't have a "Masseuse" category because I consider that outside the realm of normal spending. In theory I could point out that the Nevada School Of Massage Therapy is always looking for subjects, much like long hair at a barber college, and that would work out in a pinch, but my pain-relief theories tend to lean towards stretching beforehand, and if you still hurt, grit your teeth and get some Advil. People who get regular massages strike me the same as people who get regular manicures-nice if you can do it, but not essential.

Onward.

No comments: