Friday, August 14, 2009

Writing Project Update

Words this week - 4100, but it was thrown at the book proposal, which I can't excerpt for proprietary reasons. (A book proposal attempts to convince a publisher that they should give me money and sign a contract for an idea that will take me a while to flesh out, and if I don't, they want it back.) So I need to come up with something else.

I also redesigned my website; you should check it out solely for the home page graphic that accompanies the link to Slaughterhouse. Those of you who know me wouldn't doubt that's what the process is like.

Responses to last weeks' items: 3.

Submissions this week: 0.

This week's question:

Folks, this week I'm beat. I hit my number, there's nothing waiting in the Inbox, and I could scrounge for an excerpt, but I have another idea.

This week's question wasn't yours, but it may as well have been. At present there are 162 emails in the Slaughterhouse Inbox. Less than 30 have made the cut, because I've given weeks to charity and posted excerpts. So there are dozens of worthy topics that I've never answered.

The following are Slaughterhouse losers from January to June. I'll keep the submissions anonymous, but for all of the topics that I did write about, you'll see what you missed out on me writing about.

TOPIC DUE BY: Midnight 8/14-15

No comments: