Friday, June 12, 2009

Writing Project Update

Words this week: About 5000, with 3500 of them on last Saturday's soccer game, which is going to be an Implosion chapter. If you haven't seen it yet - an honest-to-God excerpt that's actually happy - check it out here.

Now theoretically, this means that I've handed out an excerpt and I can send everybody home. But I can't resist doing these anymore. I love getting the topics and I love working quickly, next to no research, completely without a net. I like starting arguments and hearing back from people, and I think I'm getting better at organizing my thoughts, figuring out who my reader is, and working fast. And - in a development I'm stunned by and grateful for - I have followers. Thank you all for everything.

Responses to last week's topic: 3, and all of them were positive, even though I hated it. Some nights I finish these and I'm glad I broke the tape. Some nights I read them a couple of times and play with the words while I'm reading them aloud, some nights I know I've done what I wanted to do and take an admiring step back, and some nights I hate them. This was one of those I hated.

This week's entries: 4 (Beth, Beth, Beth, and Beth)

This week's question: "What non-essential item would you like to have had credit for inventing?" - Beth Badrov

500 WORDS ON THIS TOPIC DUE BY: 6/12-13 midnight Friday/Saturday

No comments: