Friday, June 19, 2009

Writing Project Update

Words this week: Maybe 1000 or so. There were a bunch, but nothing that you could call productive from a literary standpoint. There was a lot of training this week and a lot of stuff that will wind up in that book, but nothing I've had a chance to write about yet.

Responses to last week's topic: 1, along with responses to the past few weeks. It's been up and down, I know. I appreciate your following along.

This week's entries: 4 (Beth, Brian, Brian and Beth)

This week's question: This week's question was a little bit interesting, because the Slaughterhouse inbox was cc'd on another topic. Since the rule is 3rd email, here was Beth's question:

"This time of year always gets my baseball brain working, and... this may be
blending two worlds and violating some process rules, but I am offering up
this question to Slaughterhouse and the group at large...

It comes from a place of love and not meant to be obnoxious (sincerely,
Brian. Not meant to antagonize...)

Listening to sports talk radio and my children screaming, I heard scouting
reports and they were talking about a prospect named, Bartman. I think it
might have been football.

So I was thinking, what if one of the best baseball prospects in the minors
was named Bartman and the Cubs had an option to sign him. Would they? What
position? Successful? Would he be on the team that actually took them to
and won a World Series? Would his decisive series play come in the same
game as the original Bartman incident? Would he have any relation to the
original Bartman?"

Spickinawhich, when it comes to "process rules," there AIN'T no rules. Only rule is third one in the Inbox. Unless I call auction or something else, there's no rules at all for submissions - send them to slaughterhouse@jameslyden.com. Thank you!

500 WORDS ON THIS TOPIC DUE BY: 6/19-20 midnight Friday/Saturday

No comments: