Friday, December 11, 2009

Writing Project Update

WORDS WRITTEN THIS WEEK: Over 5000, most of which you're about to read.

RESPONSES TO LAST WEEK'S TOPIC: There were dozens in varied forums. They ranged from my mom's (As your Mother I can say that you don't have any bad habits. I'M NUMBER ONE!!) to some that raised an eyebrow, but I have to point out something first:

I'm an idiot.

(Well, you knew that, but let me finish.) I forgot to include among the Facebook running brethren Ms. Sonia Norwood, who knocked out a half-marathon in Baltimore earlier this year, and Mr. John Egan, who raised gobs of money running another marathon earlier this year (and ran it almost an hour faster than I did and smoked me like a Christmas ham). They did cross my mind at the mentally brutal Mile 19 mark, along with everyone else on that card, which I referred to frequently.





SUBMISSIONS THIS WEEK: 2.

THIS WEEK'S TOPIC: The first eight miles of the marathon writeup; the remainder will be posted this week.

No comments: