Thursday, July 22, 2004

I'd have written a whole bunch

...if the fucking water heater hadn't burst open this morning, causing me to miss three meetings, drive crosstown on three separate occasions, and spend damn close to twelve hours fixing a corroded valve, waiting on professional help to do so, and generally trying to get to the evening with a potential of hot water.

Today included the sentence, "I will have hot pizza awaiting your plumber if he can get here within the hour." I had to explain that a free-lunch bribe was the only way to get someone here at 10:30, because the overnight and 7 AM terror-in-the-aisles jobs were first in line.

Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After your difficulties with the water heater, this may be poor timing on my part, but where's the +/- thing? (For what it's worth, a nurse weighed me a couple of weeks ago at +16, for which I've made plenty of reasonable excuses - Hinsdale having a stronger gravitational pull that day, the Italian beef sandwich I'd had for lunch weighing 10 pounds, the scale being broken, the nurse having her foot on the scale. If any of these could help you, feel free to use them.)

-kf

James Lyden said...

Good point, Mr. -kf. I'll go with a +/- 0 for the following reason:

1. I didn't weigh myself last night, as I didn't feel I needed one more source of aggravation.

2. My planned exercise session was overtaken by lifting in the stupid water heater;

3. Dinner was at 8:30 last night, and we didn't feel like steamed cauliflower. Burritos seemed like a better option.

I plan on being in the water Monday morning, and back on the Lab Rat plan, which I'll detail here.