Monday, August 09, 2004

Tidying up the files

Several issues have been raised over the past couple of days that are a little closer to resolution. To review:

Music choices for Jarren's video: We're looking at "I'm On My Way" by Rich Price, from the "Shrek 2" soundtrack, and "Where Are We Running?" by Lenny Kravitz. Odds are we'll be using both of them together, one after the other, for a video of about six minutes. Last year's John Mayer song was about four and a half minutes, but this year we've got a lot more video. I'll need to spend some time playing with sound levels, because while last year there wasn't a whole lot of need to use the video's audio track, this year he's actually talking somewhat.

Soon I'll be scanning in the still pictures, which took up the bulk of the time last year. I'll also need to get a raw-feed videotape together to send home.

Working out: We're redoing Phase One of the South Beach diet starting today, and I'm hoping to be in the water tonight to resume my swimming program. The Fall Brass Challenge is set for October 16, and I'll be running again, so I've got to get myself into shape for that, and what better time to start an outdoor workout program than August in Las Vegas? If I wear my sweats I could probably lose a good ten pounds in an evening! Or die! I think I'm still at -2, but that should change this week. You lose weight fast on the South Beach thing. You're also not allowed to even look at a piece of toast, a glass of orange juice, and a can of Coke could kill you.

Writing: I haven't touched the novel in a couple weeks, because there's been so much other stuff still going on.

Food recommendations: Those of you in the Las Vegas area seeking some terrific quick Mexican food can begin and end your search at Zaba's, which just opened a new location here in Silverado Ranch. Not only are their fish tacos better than Rubio's, but their burritos are eons better than Chipotle, and not nearly as salty. Plus, with all this diet hullabaloo coming up, Zaba's is very no-carb friendly. You'll note that I said "quick Mexican," I still haven't found a Lalo's equivalent for carne asada or a good sit-down Mexican meal, and haven't tried Viva Michoacan, which I head is the way to go.

Food recommendations for Chicago? There's an excellent new Italian restaurant in Forest Park, La Piazza, which I got to try during my recent sojourn back. Check it out.





No comments: