Friday, January 23, 2009

Writing Project Update

WEEKLY WORD COUNT: Oh, there were thousands. You'll never see it here. I EARNED a Slaughterhouse penalty this week, didn't just fall into it by accident, but stone cold smashed the line.

RESPONSES TO LAST WEEK'S ITEM: Three mentions

NUMBER OF NEW SUGGESTIONS THIS WEEK: Only three (Sharonda, Ken, Ken). Some of you have been giving me excellent suggestions, but the rule is the third one. Some of these have been fun, but the idea is it's supposed to be an incentive for me to work on the stuff I'm supposed to. C'mon, give me something terrifying! Hurt me! The other projects are each tiring in their own way, but if I know I'm going to come here and have some tequila soaked mandarin oranges, I'll avoid the brussels sprouts.

THIRD EMAIL IN THE BOX: Ken's suggested it three times and got the timing down: "Write the note President Bush will leave in the desk for President Obama. You can either play it for laughs and try to write in his voice, or you play it more sincerely with things 43 has to convey to 44."

500 WORDS DUE BY: Midnight PST, 12/16 into 12/17

No comments: