Friday, January 30, 2009

Writing Project Update

WEEKLY WORD COUNT: 5862, with 3500 going to Implosion and the balance going to other projects. There was also a lot of Wagerfecta-related wrangling this week and I'm hoping to set a better pace coming up.

RESPONSES TO LAST WEEK'S ITEM: Several mentions and emails...I was very glad that I did it. Thanks to everyone for all the kind words.

NUMBER OF NEW SUGGESTIONS THIS WEEK: 7 (Ken, Ken, Ken, Beth, Beth, Beth, JoLynn). Well, the "make it hurt" suggestions led to some people throwing some serious fastballs, which I thought was terrific. If the cards had fallen a little bit differently I would still have been up until 4 AM writing but I'd have been working like a crazy bastard to get an excerpt of something.

THIRD EMAIL IN THE INBOX: Ken Faikus, with: "Using only cliches, give a half-time speech."

500 words on this topic due by 12 AM PST Friday/Saturday, Jan 31

No comments: